Norton Antivirus is an utmost security program and is fully compatible with Windows 10. But sometimes, the antivirus is unable to support Windows 10 builds, and other than that in some cases, you may encounter various kind of errors or bugs while running your Norton Antivirus on Windows 10 system.
Many a times, Users do encounter Norton errors which stop them from using the antivirus program on Windows 10. Hence, understanding the pain of users we, the certified and experienced Norton Support professionals has provided the necessary information regarding several errors associated with Norton software installed Windows 10 device.
Below, we have listed the most frequent Norton antivirus errors that users can encounter, as well as the guidelines to fix them.
1. Issue: User has upgraded his system to Windows 10, but can’t found Norton
· Download Norton’s fix tool.
· Then Right-click on the exe. file & select Run as Administrator
· A dialog box will appear, informing that an updated edition of Norton Antivirus is about to be installed
· Click ‘Next’ and follow the instructions appearing on your screen.
In case the update window doesn’t seem, go to your Norton account & install the antivirus from there:
· Sign In to your account
· Go to Setup and then Download Norton
· After that, Click Agree & Download.
2. Issue: User has upgraded to Windows 10, but the Norton won’t launch
· Download ‘Norton Remove and Reinstall’ tool. If there is any other program of Norton Family, then uninstall the product before you download this tool.
· Double-click on the tool’s icon
· Accept the license terms
· Click Remove & Reinstall
· Select Continue
· Click on ‘Restart Now’ to finish the uninstall process.
· Once the system gets restart, follow the on-screen instructions to re-install your Norton antivirus.
3. Issue: The message: “Install an updated edition of your Norton product for Windows 10” appears again and again
· Download Norton’s fix tool and run it as described above.
· Then download the ‘Norton Remove and Reinstall’ tool, & again follow the steps mentioned above.
4. Issue: Norton Stop functioning with 8504, 104 error message
Note: This error is very common to appear if you are running another security product, or if technical fault occur when upgrading the antivirus.
· Use ‘Norton Remove and Reinstall’ tool & then run it to remove Norton.
· Uninstall the other security tool by:
Going to Control Panel > Uninstall or change a program & remove all other related programs.
· Update the Video graphics driver:
o Go to Device Manager > Display adapters
o Right- click on the HD graphics card and then Properties
o On the Driver tab, check for all available updates
o If driver updates are available, then download & install the latest version of the graphics card driver.
o Restart your computer.
5. Issue: Norton shows Error code 3048,3
Cause: This error appears if the latest Norton antivirus update has not been downloaded.
· Open Norton.
· Go to Security followed by LiveUpdate.
· Wait for some time till the update get finish and click OK.
· After that, run the LiveUpdate until the message “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates” appears on your system’s screen.
· Restart the computer.
· If the errors still exist, run the ‘Norton Remove and Reinstall’ tool.
6. Issue: Norton is showing Errors 8506,421 and 3039,65559
· Restart your system.
· Run ‘Norton Remove and Reinstall’ tool & then follow the on-screen instructions to remove the antivirus & install it again.
· If error still persists, download & run Norton Power Eraser:
o Double click on the NPE.exe file.
o Click ‘Yes’ or Continue and then accept the license agreement.
o In ‘Norton Power Eraser tool’ Window, choose Unwanted Application Scan.
o When the scan is finish, the results will be displayed in the Unwanted Apps Scan Complete window.
o After that, Click on ‘Uninstall’ option and follow the on-screen instructions.
o Then again restart your computer.
If you’re still having issues on your Windows 10 PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to contact the expert technicians of reliable support firm Pctech24. The Norton Antivirus Customer Support engineers of our firm provide instant and effective help services to fix various technical issues related to PC or antivirus, such as file loss, software and hardware failure, virus detection and removal, antivirus update/ installation/ renewal/ uninstallation/ configuration, system & antivirus compatibility issue and many more. Just dial our Toll-free Norton Antivirus Support Phone Number – 1-888-510-6016 and get excellent help services anytime (24x7), anywhere.